2nd post and it will have to be short and sweet, kinda like my wife. I was thinking on my way home about what I was actually going to blog about, not just today but what the purpose of this was. I have read other blogs about someone's life adventure, their struggles, their activities, and political wits. Mine will have to be a work in progress. One thing that I am sure of is that it will be a different side of me than what some may know. The B side you might say. It will not be rated E for Everyone...naw, somewhere between PG (Pretty Good) and WTF. There will be some swearing becuase even my Grandmother and I had a conversation about how sometimes Golly Darn just doesn't cut it. Yep, if it came from grandma then it is not only gospel but you can take it to the church bazzar and buy a potholder with it. It's that solid.
One topic that did come into my brain today is lying. I am pretty sure that someone lied to me at work today and it is bugging me. I used to lie. Quite a bit. When I was a kid, my mom knew it too. I don't think that she picked up on all of them but she knew most of them. I maintained my ametuer status for the most part. She would talk to me about it but would usually let me get by with crap. Probably too much so. She would let things fester like a boil in July and then teach a lesson. My wife uses a different approach. Each of these can be effective but she is about as forgiving as eating a flaming hot marshmellow right of the metal skewer. She pounces that quick and pricks that boil, or boils that prick, or however the saying goes. So, by each of their teachings, I have decided to give up the practice and follow the Truth.
One more thing, I had a funny, you-gotta-be-sh!tten-me moment this morning on my drive into work. I was driving through 6 inches of water on the street, had the wipers bouncing like Dolly Parton on hopscotch, and still had trouble seeing the end of my hood and guess what Idiot light pops up on my dashboard?? Washer Fluid Low. Not my fricken concern right now, Silvia. (that's the femine name I just gave to my Silverado) Unless the blue sh!t can dry up the win'ders, I don't care. The message just kept flashing at me like I was supposed to hang some beads around the steering column just to make it shut off. So, I have seen the forecast and there is still rain coming so, I'll do what any cheap-skate would do....steal some black tape and put it over the Idiot light.
I'll try harder next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment